The humble egg is intensely edible and delicious.
It’s amazing how few people know how to properly boil one. Here’s how.
- Place your eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water.
- Put the saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and cover it.
- Let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and put them in a bowl with ice water.
That’s all there is to it. That last step often gets overlooked but is so important. It provides a rapid cooldown and prevents the egg yolks from turning to that nasty gray-green color that otherwise would ruin their appeal.
There you have it!